Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: A Life of Trauma and Tragedy (Possibly Triggering Content)

20210415grief (2)_1.jpeg

20210417-101228_1-01_1.jpeg

I recall you saying it's a 7 hour drive so you would most likely be home unpacking the car, tending to Holly who would have missed you like crazy. Just want you to know I reiterate what @Owlunar said...you are  also larger than life @Emelia8 . You may not feel this way but you've made a remarkable impact on my life and I happen to be certain based on all the love on your thread I am not alone. Holding your hand through your life's journey Em and never letting it go xox

Love you more 🙏💞

It's so good to see you @Emelia8 🙏🌸💞IMG_20210417_090218.jpg

So wonderful to see you em. This must mean you are home safe and sound. 🥰🥰

@Emelia8 

Thank you so much everyone.

Yes I am home ... got home just over an hour ago. Holly was delighted to see me of course, as I was to see her.

The drive was difficult. Leaked tears for the first 2 hours, so blurred vision. Not ideal.

Had a quick break had some water. And got going again. Needed to concentrate hard on the road and not be distracted by thoughts and memories from the past 2 days.

Couple of hours further up the road I had a quick break at Maccas and had toasted banana bread and a chai latte. Needed a sugar fix.

Back on the road again and the last 3 hours was wet weather. Makes things a bit more difficult. And I was overwhelmingly tired the last hour.

But I got here, and Im grateful for that. I needed to be here.

So many calls to return, its all pretty overwhelming. 

I actually got two messages from my psych too ... Just checking on me.

Its hard coming home to a cold, empty, lonely home. Knowing hubby will never be back.

I tried so hard to save him, and he fought so hard to survive. It just wasnt meant to be.

And there are so many little things that have come to mind ... makes me think this was inevitable, and things transpired to make it all easier for me than they otherwise would have been. The universe intervening.

Now though ... I need to unpack, get some sleep, and get organising.

Im sorry, I havent tagged ... this is for all of you. Thank you ever so much.

Emelia 🌷🙏💞

🌸🙏💞

Bless the Universe @Emelia8

💞🙏🌸

@Emelia8 

Em - I am so glad to read this and so glad you are home - you have had a gruelling, heart-wrenching time and now you thinking straight - this is a good thing

Of course you fought hard to save him - I can't imagine what that was like - you are so gutsy - and you did it - wow - I am amazed

It was going to happen - it was inevitable - he was a very sick man - I remember when I first started to respond to your posts that he was in hospital for treatment - or going for treatments - that were very hard for him and for you - and I seem to remember that at times he was afraid - which is natural - and that is over for him.

You will be busy for the next 10 days - all this will fall off naturally - and we will be here for you - waiting to take up the slack - 

I am so glad you are home - I am glad you took the initiative to leave as you did - you really are something - someone - worth knowing

Dec

Em 2).jpg

@Emelia8 
Glad to read you're home now. The drive homr sounded terrible. I'm so sorry you're going through this Em. 
Pls know I'm sending prayers your way including love hugs snd support. ❤️🙏

@Owlunar @Lovely written message to our girl Thankyou you sound really a kind nice person very sincere person to our girl @Emelia8 

@from Clawde

Well Done! @Emelia8 - we've all been worried so thanks for checking in. It must be hard in the quiet house now. You know, i was thinking how you're hubby suffered much for years with illness - but he's at peace now and it is final. It's time for you once the funeral is over, you're equally as worthy of your own attention. Took me ages to learn how to but we do. Hope you sleep better tonight. Stay warm and hydrated 💗
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance