Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

greenpea
Senior Contributor

love

after talking to my mental health nurse today i realised that i have never been in love. lust yes. i have liked intensely but never in love.

8 REPLIES 8
Helpmeheal
Senior Contributor

Re: love

Your day will come. ❤️

I'll admit I haven't been head over heals in a while. I have though. I'm also pretty nostalgic for that kind of feeling, perhaps against my more sensible instincts, then again perhaps love is sensible in its own way.

I think it's not as necessary as some of the movies and novels suggest. The Ancient Greek priestess/philosopher, Diotima, said that love is like a ladder moving upwards and also outwards. Meaning that loving yourself improves your love with others, and love with others improves love of community, then planet, then universe, so on. You know, that kind of thing. I actually like Diotima's outlook compared to the Aristophanes, other-half theory. The original other-half theory is a pretty hot story though and a good description of what deep love feels and looks like. Now I'm thinking of the Hedwig song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zU3U7E1Odc

I hear you @greenpea ! I am so careful when I use the word 'love'. I feel it has a much deeper meaning than many realise. I also think there is a big difference between 'love' and 'lust'.

What do you think? 

Captain24
Senior Contributor

Me either @greenpea .

Never been in love and never been loved. When I say that I’m single I get asked ‘why’ or ‘what’s wrong with you’ 

Very interesting @Captain24 .

My life is so fulfilled and meaningful that I don't go out looking for 'love'. 

My wings take me so far that I couldn't imagine having my wings clipped at all!

Clawde
Senior Contributor

You are amazing, you have made a difference in my life never forget that, your the reason I keep coming back to this forum, you are someone I wish I know in my real life 🥰
greenpea
Senior Contributor

@tyme  i agree with you tyme. i am adopted my birth father ran out on my birth mother. my adopted father was an aggressive alcoholic. i dont trust men.

It's tough @greenpea to see the word 'love' so misused. I believe love is a gift. It is sacred. It is special. 

Lust comes and goes.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance