Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Worry Room - Get it out, and walk away

Re: Worry Room - Get it out, and walk away: No responses please

I just cant deal with anything anymore.

I get overwhelmed this time of year.

The traffic gets far too hectic (& congested).

People seem so worn-out & stressed (yes I am)

People wear me out, with their demands & excessive expectations (especially work).

There are too many emotional triggers, over this period.

The constant noise (my neighbours) & loud parties around me (my neighbour is partying right now) - just leaves me feeling more alone & isolated.

Because I'm not a part of any of those celebrations, & I have no celebrations of my own - unless I go to a council community Christmas lunch (which I will).

Adge

I wish I didn't care so much about other people. What they think of me, what they say about me, what they don't say about me. I wish I didn't care about stuff. Stupid stuff that I don't use but keep anyway. Stuff I can't find space for in my tiny home. But I care too much to throw away. I wish I didn't care about my pets that don't seem to show that much care about me. I got two of the most aloof, non cuddly cats that have no real need for me. I wish I didn't care enough about living this current useless life. I wish I cared enough about me. And I wonder if I ever will.

I'm terrified of changing meds. Last time I changed I almost didn't survive. Current meds aren't working, but I'm delaying changing out of fear. I hope I can find the strength - I have the plan and new meds, just need to do it. 

Im so embarrassed. Our power company come to disconnect our power, what made it worse was that i had a few family members sitting right there. All because of one late payment and not ringing them to make a new payment plan even though weve still been paying😪😪

Now not only do i need to deal with my own emotions i have to worry more about pop. I cant react to how im really feeling because it makes things even worse for him. 

I cannot communicate effectively via text (typing) - I have dyslexia, which becomes worse when distressed.

Plus dissociation is worse when distressed, or overwhelmed.

Which makes it so hard to think clearly or type thoughts or responses.

So when I most need the forums for connection & mutual understanding - I cannot use it, because I cannot type or express myself...

I feel insignigicant (tiny & invisible) when I see people writing pages & pages every day.

Verbal is best & clearest for my communication - yet there is little available to me.

Adge

I feel worthless and so sad. I'm sorry I'm not a better person. That I'm me instead.

I've felt totally overwhelmed, highly anxious & dissociated (blank & numb) for the past few days.

Too many big triggers -

- neighbour throwing piles of branches over fence, into my back yard - then screaming at me over the fence (that she has every right to do it).

- work car incident, stress & blame.

I just cannot put it all out of my mind - or relax & do helpful things.

Adge

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance