Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Wednesdays’ Well of Wellness – Wellness Tips

Oh how cool. Never thought to have use a specific name day.

Ive never had a self care thing for a Wednesday.

I've decided to declare it, Annoy my 15yo teenager son" 🤣

Think I'll start singing in the background while he's on his PS5 with mates 🤣🤣

Hello @Shaz51 @calmsoul @Abner @Former-Member @icarusandthesun 

Love reading your self-care ideas.

Wednesday for me is the day I do my art therapy course via zoom. It's completely therapeutic even though I'm learning how to working with others. At the end of the day I'm so calm. Heaven.

Hanami

What a wonderful idea @Shaz51 

Some great suggestions are being made too!

Hi @hanami, it's great doing creative things, there's no right or wrong, and you can focus on whatever takes your fancy. There are also brilliant books about all the arts, to enjoy.

Something I learnt in therapy and found useful was the PACE activity - writing a list of things that support my wellbeing, divided in the categories of 'Physical' (movement, body care, etc.), 'Achievement' (things I can achieve, no matter how small), 'Connection' (i.e. social), and 'Enjoyment' (eg. interests, pleasure, relaxation). When I'm looking for ways to improve my mood or care for myself, I can turn to this list and reflect on what areas I may need to focus on more, as well as get ideas for things I can engage in. I find this particularly useful when my emotions are heightened and I'm struggling to think of what I could do to help myself feel better. 

I've worked hard to think of lots of things to add to my list, and just some of my options include:  jigsaw puzzles, taking a bath, visiting the library, participating in forums, doing stretches, listening to music, and planning my reading list. 

Hi @puzzlingdino 

Thanks for your post above. It gives me helpful ideas.

Meggle

Hi @Shaz51 

I just wanted to reach out to say thank you so much for creating such a wonderful thread - it’s such a great idea 💜

My well feels a little bit dry at the moment and so I’m going to watch something light hearted on Netflix in the hope that this will help to replenish it 😊

Thank you so much again for gently reminding us about the importance of taking care of ourselves 💜

Take care,

ShiningStar 💜

Hope you feel a bit better soon my @ShiningStar xx

Hello @Oaktree , @puzzlingdino , @Abner , @Snowie ❤️

@Shaz51 @ShiningStar @puzzlingdino @Abner @Snowie @tyme @hanami 

Well it’s Wednesday again, what wonderful ideas are we going to come up with for self care this week. I am going to buy a facial mask. I thought of this last Thursday but I haven’t actually bought it yet. Going to the shops tonight so I will try and remember to get it then.

Meggle

@Shaz51 @ShiningStar @Abner @puzzlingdino @Snowie @tyme @hanami 

I actually have a file with self care options in it around here somewhere. One of my favourite things is lighting a scented candle and staring at the flame. It’s a form of mindfulness I guess. Puts you in the moment.

Meggle

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance