Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: The safe room- somewhere to just come and sit.... offload... feel supported

This is a nice idea @Lostandalone 

A safe place. I like that. ❤️

Thank you @Former-Member 

make yourself at hone

everyone is welcome 

Thank you @Lostandalone 

❤️

i am just going to sit quietly here in the corner... wrapped in my blanket... quietly frealking out

As i posted in the worry room... i start a new job tomorrow...

5 months of basically doing nothing ( other than healing and processing being bullied/forced out of my other job that I had been at for over 20 years)

I have been working Fridays for a few months now... but that was different... I am working for a good friend... but this is all new.... now job, new people, new direction

I am absolutely freaking out

I want to cry

I want to scream

I want to vomit

I want to run away and hide

I dont know if I can do it

I think I have PTSD after what happened in my last job

I am shaking like a leaf

I am so worried I will stuff it all up

I am so worried I really cant do it 

I know this is nothing and very mild compared to what some of you are going through.... but I am just not coping feeling this way.... 

AAAGGGGGHHHHH

Hey @Lostandalone

So sorry you're having this intense anxiety about tomorrow. Starting a new job is overwhelming for a lot of people, but I can imagine it's especially hard if your last job involved bullying.

It's so good you've reached out here for support. We're sitting with you and I'm sure members will jump in soon with kind words. In the meantime if there are others in your life who support you or helplines you trust when you're overwhelmed, I hope you are reaching out there too ❤️️ 

There is nothing mild about the way you are feeling @Lostandalone . I do hope the new job works out well. For now, it’s getting through as best you can.

Sending some ❣️❣️❣️

Hi @Lostandalone 

first of all congratulations on getting a new job.🎉🍾

With the current situation there must have been lots of competition for it.  But you are the one they need.

Anxiety is truly awful and I know how you feel, please remember to breath slowly, take a bath, watch a movie, phone a good friend and be kind to yourself.

You've got this!

Hi @Maggie 

sorry to hear you feel stuck, summer is just around the corner. And I don't know about you, but, that always makes me feel like going for a walk especially on the beach!

i find people are more friendly and stop and chat unlike the cooler months.

Hope you enjoyed your gardening.🌻🍀🌺🌷

Thankyou @Former-Member. I hope you enjoy the beach walks.

@Define_normal wrote:

Hi @nashy

I really trying to keep it together, 

But everything is piling up and I'm crashing, vivid flashbacks, nightmares/night terrors, voices, mood swings, lack of sleep, money issues, son's health, family drama, day to day living it's all too much. 

Tried to  talk to the Dr but they don't know what course of action to take because they still don't have my files that they requested in March. 

I moved 16/18 months ago been living rural with no professional supports for that period. 

My partner tries but he know little about mental and it's effects so when he says stuff like you just need to stop focusing on the past or you just need to get up and keep going, he doesn't realize that it makes me feel like either he doesn't care or I'm over reacting. 

Get exactly where you are coming from.

So please do not add this to your list of you not coping. Anyone outside of a qualified therapist who deals with you specifically will not understand your situation. It becomes a life balance. 

are you seeing a therapist of some qualification in regard to the experiences of flashbacks, nightmares, night terrors and all else that you mentioned. That is a heavy load to deal with.

The other thing is that to have an effective result from therapy you have to relate with your therapist and vise versa, gradually build up trust and only talk about what you feel comfortable with.

You are the leader in the therapy, the therapist is there to guide you and keep you safe.

I apologise for suddenly intruding.

This is what I do when I randomly land back on these forums.

Certain posts resonate with me and I just want to provide support.

Take care

Sophia

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance