Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: The magic of tidying

well, small goals at first maybe @Dimity  just get into a routine if you can maybe .. probs a bit more demanding than what I related to sibling 15 years ago .. 'oh I make myself pick up 3 things a day  off the floor .. of course I would drop more than that .. it was something I guess ha ha lol

Yes @TAB a good routine is important. I'm getting there.  And being able to detach from stuff.

How's the road trip? Are you at your destination now?

yes @Dimity  um I stopped hey .. body achey , hadnt been sleeping well, plus stressing a bit w traffic. doing last bit tomorrow, then few days to see houses first hand, then to adelaide to catch up with a couple people and look at accom options for when come back again, also brought stuff to drop off at rels til get own place.. so car will be a lot emptier on way home, ideally do quick clean up on van, sort legal stuff and come back here. Legal stuff could drag out or require me to be there in person , not sure, asked lawyers, they just ignored me, they are good at that.

Sounds like you feel more energised, @Dimity ? That's good news... 

Can your 6 month goal/ deadline be extended?

@NatureLover definitely not energised... still struggling a bit but trying to get on with things. There's no cut-off date but a confluence of factors is making things pretty difficult and it can't go on indefinitely..I'm out of my depth healthwise emotionally and financially. And probably lack the cognitive capacity to organise my way out of it  So I muddle on.

hee yah @Dimity  can you get help somehow ??

I'm paying a support worker @TAB but haven't tackled my paperwork yet. I was chugging along until I got derailed a month ago when the ground shifted and the goalposts moved  I've been too close to it to have perspective.  I should take a project management approach - I vaguely remember PERT and Gantt charts. The main timebound pressures are interpersonal and financial..

Well hope things work out soon @Dimity  no pressure . 

@Dimity wrote:

@NatureLover definitely not energised... still struggling a bit but trying to get on with things. There's no cut-off date but a confluence of factors is making things pretty difficult and it can't go on indefinitely..I'm out of my depth healthwise emotionally and financially. And probably lack the cognitive capacity to organise my way out of it  So I muddle on.

Sorry to hear, @Dimity  😞 Sending good wishes for you... 💚

Hello @TAB I've lost track of your news - have you found a house in SA?

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance