Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: The Challenges of Mental Health Wellbeing

And the other thing is that we would never know. Is that a good thing to shelter us or a bad thing when we never discover the truth. I don't like either good or bad.

Another warm night here. Just had a cold shower. My bed feels like toast! But I'm exhausted.

Its a really tough situation @Sans911 im very much hoping for a positive in that we hear from her soon.

Its abit cool here. Hot withblankets on but cold with them off. Ive compromised and put the fan onlow and under the covers.. ive heard wa ia getting a bad heatwave atm, hopefully itll cool down really soon

It's not been the furnace we've had predicted yet, but it's still hot enough. I did extra hours at the op shop today to help get it back into order for trading. The electricity at the shopping centre where we're t went off for about 2hours today. We are on the outside of the shopping centre so it got quite uncomfortable for a while. Then it came back on within the last hour. The two supermarkets were considering closing up but they didn't, although they had to cease trading for a while.

We weren't open to the public or trading so it didn't affect us.

I'm back again tomorrow at the op shop so I think I'll be sleeping all day Sunday.

How has your day been @outlander?

Sounds like a busy day @Sans911 and without aircon too. 😬
Have the renovations already been done? The contracters here seem to be so slow at fixing shops etc so often closed longer then expected

I think my sunday will involve some extra sleep here too. Its been some busy days here with a photography event yesterday and then helping put soms flatpacks together along with usual horse stuff and continuing to make few crochet items to sell.
Tomorrow is horses shopping and also my other job. I dont normally do it every weekend but with thi time of yr a struggle the extra bit helps. I dont want to be in the area i live so this will get me out.
Do u have anything on besides op shop tomorrow?

Busy times for you @outlander. Yes I'm sure any extra helps.

Just op shop tommorow. The renovations were done in less than a week and really mostly involved new flooring and painting. Apart from that fixtures and fittings have been moved around to try to make more use of space. Charity shops want to hold onto the money they make so they spend as little as possible putting it out. The store looks fresher so that is enough. We've had the regional manager in to oversee things, and she isn't treating the store very kindly or fairly. It's made my manager very stressed. BTW my manager is really lovely so it's hard to see her stressed and frustrated.

When the time comes to leave the area you now live in, do you think you'll move very far away?

@Sans911 here for you too 💜💜

@Sans911 I understand how you would be questioning yourself also when one of our friends is absent or needing to withdraw - that voice inside begins to doubt ourselves and if we have played any part in the siuation at all - it is our own feelings of ourselves that feed into that even when the reality is quite different. Have faith that you have done nothing wrong at all sweet Sans and that what our beautiful friend is going through is completely aside from your interactions with her. We obviously do not have a complete picture here but we do know that Snowie is in a world of pain and our hearts are breaking for her. You have been such a wonderful friend and such a wonderful support for her and the mere thought of not having her around is heartwrenching for everyone but you also need to now take care of you too. We of course are affected by losing a friend - even if it is just in the short term - so reach out yourself here Hon - let us hold you up as well because you are also very much loved and very much matter Heart

I understand that @Zoe7. I realise what has happened might be external to this. Just hoping my interaction with her hasn't caused undue distress or put her in a difficult situation.

Interaction here comes at such a risk. Of further distress, of withdrawal, offence or insult, misunderstandings and disappointments and. disagreements. There's often a fine line to tread. Post or not post. Respond or not. And waiting, anticipating and deliberating.

@Sans911 💜💜

Evening lil Sis @outlander 💜 💜 💜
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance