Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Ma60
Senior Contributor

TPD

Hello everyone,

‘just heard that my claim is progressing in a positive way. The Chief medical officer has recommended the claim be approved. Have to wait another 20 days to find out if will be fully approved. Here’s hoping

8 REPLIES 8
nashy
Senior Contributor

Re: TPD

Glad to hear about the positive vibes on the claim front 🙂 @Ma60 Sending luck

TAB
Senior Contributor

That’s a lovely profile pic @Ma60 yes here’s hoping .. ok .. seriously.. I forgot have like 10 scratchies in my pocket @greenpea ok did wonder why that 20c piece was on the table..
greenpea
Senior Contributor

@TAB get those scratchies TABs :). I really do wish you luck 

Ma60
Senior Contributor

UPDATE

Just heard my claim has been approved. It has been a long journey but I now feel as though someone has listened and understood what happened at my previous workplace.🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂

Ma60
Senior Contributor

Yes it is a picture of my little cat. A great companion

utopia
Senior Contributor

@Ma60. Such wonderful news.  Definitely worth celebrating.  Yay!! 🎉🎉🎈🎈

Must be a huge relief for you. 

So good to hear great news like this. 

Can I ask,  as you mentioned your workplace.  Did your mental illness arrive due to the workplace,  or was it a physical illness .

Ma60
Senior Contributor

My workplace was aware of my mental health (depression and anxiety). Things turned pear shape after I made a Work Cover claim for a week of work due to an incident where I was assaulted by a client. I was informed by employer things would only get worse for me if I continued with the claim. The report they sent to Work.Cover devasted me - ended up in hospital for more than a month and three months off work. Returned to work lasted a year hoping beyond hope that things would improve. Micro managed constantly. I became so hyper vigilante it ended up breaking me, back to hospital. I have never felt so isolated in a workplace. Supervisor would boast about that they could say and write anything about staff without repercussions. Their word was final. I couldn’t take it anymore., it got to the stage where the bullying was causing me to think about suicide on a daily basis.

The saddest part was I loved my work.

Such wonderful news. @Ma60 Heart

how are you going

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance