Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Supporting my wife who lives with Borderline Personality Disorder while maintaining self care

Thanks @Smc  @Shaz51 

We are now on a waiting list for hospital admission. Darlings choice. 

Initially thought/  hoped it could be this week but will be some time next week now before a bed is available. 

Day by day until then. 

Things are less volatile but there is a level of despair I have not seen or sensed in a while 🥺

Re: Supporting my wife who lives with Borderline Personality Disorder while maintaining self care

I hope your Darling gets some support soon, and you get some respite soon @Determined . It can be very challenging to take on all the load yourself.

It's good to read of the boundaries you have in place.

Bed shortage makes it hard... hope all stays safe enough in the in between time. x

This mornings update

No beds available for the near future. 

Not sure where that leaves us 😕 

This is for a private facility. 

Ow...
Not completely surprised, but definitely ow. 😟
If she was willing to do a hospital stay, is she willing to talk through other possible safety and support ideas? You were saying that she doesn't like having someone "babysitting" her, but if there's not another option?

Have found another option @Smc 

Much smaller country hospital.

Darling has an appointment on Monday to discuss. 

During the gaps where Darling is alone we are keeping communication open. Which seems to be working.  Holding steady at the moment but it would not take much to change that 🤕

Hospital admission for Darling at the end of this week.  Preferred hospital also which is good.  Have suitable support in place until then. 

Good to hear @Determined.
End of the week- that means now-ish? How has it come together?

Yes in hospital now @Smc 

Day 2 today and darling already looking more at ease.  I am hopefully that a time out will e beneficial. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance