Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Support adult child living at home with severe adhd

Diaries, lists, plans - all hard with ADHD. Finding an interest or a topic that he wants to know all about - easier. Yes the level of support needed is huge. You need case support through Community Mental Health while he is transitioning to independent adulthood. Find that interest then let him focus 100% on it. For the ADHD young adult everyday life is difficult and clumsy - being in a secure bubble of a much loved hobby that can become an income is much better. Everyone needs a life craft. Help him to experimentally find his. But get more case support in the meantime.

Hello is it possible to get him medicated for ADHD. One of the symptoms of ADHD Is a 3 year delay in maturity. Unfortunately medication can’t treat this but medication will slow his brain down. if he refuses to see a doctor or go to a mental health clinic. I recommend you consult someone yourself. It may help and give you ideas and might help you cope with what’s going on. Personally as a person with adhd and medicated for it. It’s best to see someone about it yourself to see what a professional might think. I know I probably didn’t help but it’s worth a try. 

Welcome to the forums @ADHDidiot . Thank you for sharing. Looking forward to seeing you around on the forums.

Awesome advice thanks. Didn't know about brain maturity symptom 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance