Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Self care by growing a garden

Going to include some concrete chooks and a rooster as mum really loved her chooks, have some perfect size picked out at bunnings so next pay day bunnings here we come... again 😀

Hello to the founders of garden thread... I've found a baby olive tree in my back yard... down the side, just outside spare bedroom window... i think it's an olive...

Hi  @eudemonism

There are a number of types of olives that are declared noxious weeds. The seeds are spread via birds. In NSW there is a variety where the fruit is inedible. This link may be helpful to you.

https://www.naturalresources.sa.gov.au/adelaidemtloftyranges/plants-and-animals/pest-plants-and-anim...

Oh right. Thanks @Former-Member

images (74).jpeg

images (75).jpeg

@RainbowUnicorn

Come and meet some other gardeners 😀🌸🐞.

Thanks @Former-Member

hi everyone, always good to meet other gardeners. I find it so good for the soul

Your veg patch sounds lovely @RainbowUnicorn.  It has only been recently that I have got back into the garden, also finding it good for the soul.

We only have 2 x cherry tomatoes put in late and some self sown spuds, silverbeet & kale. We do have a few asparagus plants and some much neglected berry plants. @Smc   also enjoys growing edibles.

We are slowly getting our ornamental garden under control; my aim is a crisis proof garden (a term coined by Smc 😀).

Would love to hear of your gardening adventures here @Former-Member

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance