Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Sophia1
Senior Contributor

Making a special little space in the outside area of your home where you can share thoughts with your forum friends.

Hello all

The title might confuse or might make perfect sense to some..

I have for many many years now always made a special little place for myself in my back garden...

I have not really pondered on why before...

I am preparing to do this as we are finally about to move into what I call our new forever home...

Whilst talking to @Maggie the idea suddenly landed in my thoughts and I wrote about it...

Guess what...

Maggie and @Former-Member went looking for it only to find that it was nowhere to be found..

Ditto not in drafts..

So it has possibly gone to a place where all the other lost posts land or some other form, shape, whatever has received it in another dimension...I rather like this last thought...

So.....

without further ado...

I welcome comments,,, suggestions...responses....emoticons....humour....fun...compassion 

@Maggie @Former-Member @eudemonism @Adge @outlander @Owlunar @Exoplanet @Flying_Hams @TAB @Shaz51 @eth @greenpea @Former-Member @Teej @BlueBay @Meowmy @Zoe7 

there are some from the carer's side whom I have not included in case they choose not to respond to more posts on this side...

please feel welcome one and all to add others should you so wish...

I hope that we come up with some intriguing ideas on how each of you would go about making such a small  area or what you might use...like...

can be made out of anything ....let us expand our thinking...

or perhaps you have enough happening...this is not the right time...or not even your style or your mojo..

all will be up to each of us..

😻🐶🐰🐴🐔🐘🦆🦜🦚👁👀💚

30 REPLIES 30

Re: Making a special little space in the outside area of your home where you can share thoughts with your forum friends.

Hello @Zoe7 

Welcome...

You are First...

how exciting is that...well it is for me anyway..

seriously I was secretly hoping that you might find your way over here...

do miss some of that magnificent humour you add at times..

I am about to head off as am weary...have been on here for a few hours now and need to move...rest..

do respond if you feel up to it...if not the support button in itself is lovely and thank you..

💚

Re: Making a special little space in the outside area of your home where you can share thoughts with your forum friends.

A great idea for a new thread @Sophia1 . Thanks for including me.

Sherry 😀

I have a special place in the corner of my garden under the trees where I like like to sit @Sophia1 It is special to me because I spent a lot of time planning, laying, landscaping and decking out the area specifically to fit in with the trees - and for it to be a sanctury place for me in any weather. I layed a large yin and yang pebble mosaic as the centre and it is surrounded by plants I like (some looking a bit sad at present but will rectify that when I have some money to replace them). The deck is the perfect height for me to sit and just let the world happen around me. This is one of the places I have on my safety plan also - so it is pretty special to me in a lot of ways. I find it soothing and consoling at the same time ...especially because Toby will sit there with me also. My garden is my solitude but needs some tender loving care and time to get back to where it once was - that is my aim over the next couple of months when I have more time on my hands.

Just starting to find my way around the forum again @Sophia1 after needing time away myself. So chuffed that you included me here - made my night in fact after a really tough day - so thank you Heart

Hi @Sophia1 Thanks for your including me (tag).

A novel idea I think you have (for this thread).

My Psych has been nudging me (hard) for quite some time - to sit outside & spend time enjoying (watching) my birds. It's a work in progress.

My side neighbours & one back neighbour are so incredibly noisy - talking loudly at the top of their lungs (I can hear them from over 15 metres away), & their loud Boom Boom speakers (set up outside) playing at ear-splitting volume levels.

So I don't feel safe or private in my own backyard (on my own property).

This was made worse by my neighbour (Sunday 8am) sitting there doing nothing & saying nothing - whilst knowingly letting her huge Rottweiler dog chase my cat.

In my own front yard (on my property), with me present right there.

I chased the dog (as it was chasing my cat), & I said out loud "No you will not chase my cat". My cat just escaped with her life, under my side gate.

My neighbour said nothing, & did not apologise.

So spending time outside is still a work in progress.

Dentist today (emergency dental) to repair my tooth, which broke last night.

Have a good night everyone.

Adge

Thankyou for including me also @Sophia1 . A really great idea.

I now have a small back yard. It needs work, but it has a bottlebrush tree in one corner. That attract some of my best company, birds. Only yesterday morning I was sitting out there, and dozens of different birds flew over. I was curious wondering why. I peaked through a crack in the fence to my neighbour ( and got caught ) 😂😂, still don’t know, but I will eventually work it out.

Like @Zoe7  and yourself, it’s peaceful, often a break from my rambling brain.

Thanks @Sophia1  this was a nice way to start today. 💕💕

@Sophia1 @Maggie @Adge @Zoe7 @Former-Member  and everyone my favourite outside area is my front courtyard. It is so compact  and yet has a variety of plants and wildlife like our resident blue tongue who likes to hide near our front door step :Dxxx

Great post @Sophia1  thanks fir tagging me. 
We moved a few years ago and now have a tiny courtyard. But I do enjoy sitting out in the deck listening to the birds. I love watering my garden. It gives me a sense of peace.  Somehow out there in nature is all I need. 
This afternoon I will sit out there and remember those close to me who I have lost. ❤️❤️

Good thinking @Sophia1
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance