Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Living with Ourselves

Hello dear @Emelia8 

Thankfully results for all three tests came back negative.

He is still very vulnerable though despite being fully innoculated including flu.

The influenza only protects against A & B Flu.

There are other strains and viruses.

His lungs, heart and kidneys can be at risk.

His biggest issue is himself.

He is so flipping stubborn and hardheaded.

I am taking time out for me after caring and being very concerned since Monday.

I have let him know that if his symptoms worsen I will just ring an ambulance whether he likes it or not.

He refuses to speak to a registered nurse on the phone even though she told me to keep in contact.

My cat just licked the rest of my yoghurt in my bowl. I was so absorbed in responding.

You have sold your house.

We had a three week settlement.

There are organisations who you can talk to and I hope that Sane is helping you out there if not providing options; pointing you in directions.

Homelessnessaustralia.org.au is an umbrella organisation that can refer you to agencies as I know that we are not allowed to refer individual ones.

They do help people who might be at risk of becoming homeless.

In my thoughts.

I wish that we could do more for you.

Family? Interim help.

Sometimes we just have to ask.

Sophia

💜

hello friend @Jacques 

You have been there for your family in particular your mum, for more times than you would be able to remember.

A testament to your wonderful character.

You have a kind and empathic heart Jacques and I know that your family and girlfriend love you for this.

Let alone how clever you are around the home.

Fixing computers; bikes; cars I think that I read somewhere.

Interesting isn't it you do get outside.

You get all of this work done.

I struggle getting outside of the house even though I desperately want to walk in the park and be at one with nature.

Isolating from society is different.

This I understand also.

We become very good at becoming warriors when the need arises.

Keep on with the mask. I do.

Husband's test results came back negative thankfully however he is still vulnerable until symptoms subside.

That is another story.

Enjoy your latest project and thank you for being in my world.

Sophia

Looking at a plan; checking out options that will suit you is the best way to go about it.

You have this @TAB 

Take care friend

Sophia

Thanks @Sophia1  😅

Apologies again for my late response dear @Adge 

Thank goodness you are safe from such an horrendous fall.

I imagine that the medical people involved are astonished that you are still with us; landing on your head as well.

You are clearly meant to still be here Adge.

I have dodged the farewell a couple of time.

We must have imminent missions awaiting us.

Hopefully not too hair raising.

I am sorry about my comment around your bruising. I should not have been insensitive.

One of the issues with this type of connection. No facial expression or tone of voice available.

Oh dear about your aviary is it one of those frustrating, flat pack things. Everything arrives in this form these days just about.

Divorce papers are what they are and you will find a way past this period.

How you process the experience is up to you. Some celebrate. Some expend energy safely. Some just sign the papers and let it pass on by.

Workplace harrassment is something that resonates strongly with me. I experienced both sexual and bullying harrassment several times within different corporations over the years.

Bullying is rife now across most workforces which is beyond me.

The powers that be are using the financial burden to hide behind.

I do hope that you are seeking some counselling around this as it is definitely traumatising.

You have had to deal with far too much since I have first met you on here.

I wanted to get in touch with you  again and check on you.

Divorce party; divorce energy redirection or whatever the latest terminology.

No rush.

In the interim, please keep in touch with your friends when you can.

You help them also and I know that I am not the only one who loves your humour.

Stay safe, stay warm.

Am sending you a huge smile and hug; hoping to receive the same back only should you feel like it.

your friend

Sophia

@Sophia1 

Good to see you floating in and out or coming down to earth, as you can.  One day we may both be able to visit @tonys on moon base and celebrate old clothes.  I have some 40 year old boots that I am loath to throw away that would do perfectly for the moons rough surface and lots of old clothes, jackets, jumpers, skirts and pants, many bought second hand in the first place. lol I have decided to remain a puffer jacket virgin despite their supposed benefits, as I have enough layers to last me a life time.  I am sure something else will come in fashion soon ... but they make everyone look the same.

I loved his chemist fantasy also ... which was him being very polite in my opinion.  They have changed a lot since my youth with their high overpacked shelves and aggressive marketing and labelling.  I usually walk past all the BS to the back for my scripts, which I do hope to reduce.  I always say that.  I do a few supplements, but rotate them around and try not to get hooked .... hard in this day and age.

Hey @Jacques @Adge 

Keep hanging in there in all your unique and beautiful ways ...

Interesting connection there with the chemist @Appleblossom 

Yes I carefully thought about how to respond to that one.

Apart from the obvious wares that they sell including homeware,underware,cosmetics and so on.

Not yet plants or hardware.

Artificial plants though.

Watch this space. It will come.

As for the chemists, pharmacists themselves that is a whole new kettle of fish.

I have never met a more consistent profession of serious; unfriendly; unwelcoming bunch of people.

Why?

Surely they know that they will have to deal with people not just medicine.

They do not like me of course because I ask questions...and more questions laugh.

There are a couple of pleasant ones of late who smile; are very friendly and helpful thankfully.

I have weaned myself off most of my medication.

Still need assistance with sleep at times and take the mildest as am very prone to nightmares.

I take D and M for cramp.

Nice to be on here at the same time.

Have to go now as have been on here for a few hours and am so stiff.

Stay warm, stay safe, stay well

love

Sophia your friend

@Sophia1 

Well ..lol ... like any label put on people ... I am sure pharmacists vary though probably have some similar profiles.  Mother had a pharmacist migrant as a boarder once, who was a bit rude really, in my nanna's kitchen! Kept me at bay with her boundaries.

On the other hand, I sing with a lovely old fella who lectured in pharmacology for years ... they are all types... like all the other labels ... people put on people ...lol

Hugs 

Gotta go

Hi @Sophia1 

Even a smile from a stranger walking past warms me - So I just have to Smile back (cannot help myself).

So of course I will send Smiles & Hugs back to you - As they are rare & precious.

I took no offence at bruising, as I was very bruised (black & blue) - I still am, the bruises have not gone yet.

Many scars too on arm & legs, despite Chemist saying healing gel stuff might leave me with no scars.

Yes Aviary is in Flat Pack Box - Very heavy, weighs well over 60 Kg.

I could not lift or shift it - So it remains propped up against my house wall, where my frail neighbour & I managed to drag it to (no further).

Working 6.30am starts & 9 hour days for the past 7 months - has taken far too much out of me, even though it's only 3 days per week.

So I have no energy left for anything else, or for enjoyable things.

My lack of presence (nil posts) on forum, except Support Button - Coincides Exactly with starting working last December (just before Christmas).

A Divorce Party sounds a Lovely idea - I like novel ideas, that I haven't heard of before.

Except that it would be just me, 2 Cats & my Birds, having the Party...

It would have been truer to myself, & so much easier (clearer) to celebrate Divorce - had I met a new person, & had a new relationship, as I was expecting & hoping to.

That never happened, despite many one-off Dates - So I've remained single for almost 12 years now.

Yes Bullying is rife - I've suffered the most horrendous types of Bullying, including being physically assaulted & having my car purposely damaged - a bully kicked the car panels in badly, years ago.

Workplace harrassment has lost me 2 or even 3 jobs.

Sorry did not mean to end on bad sad note - Too tired, have to Log off now.

Best Wishes.

Thanks so much for your thoughts.

Adge

Yes @Appleblossom 

Putting people into boxes is not good.

I am always spouting on about the fact.

I hate labelling as you know.

A few good pharmacists no different to any other profession.

Am very flat at moment and losing more faith in the majority of humanity.

It shall pass.

Enjoy dressing up in your gathered clothing.

xx

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance