Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Daily Check In Space

It's okay to respectfully vent here if you think it will help @tired_sisyphus - we are here to listen and sit with you.

Many have faced similar times. And we've had each other to back us up.

Hugs, tyme

Hearing you on the resentment front @tired_sisyphus 
Struggling with an infection here also atm while FIL, Darling and 2of 3 children are in high maintenace overdrive, 
All while only just keeping my head above water at work.

Would make a big difference to feel loved and appreciated occasionally.

At least work appreciates my efforts.  

Hey there @Determined, thanks for sharing. That sounds like you're holding a lot ❤️ 

I know you're appreciated here on the forums. You've been supporting the community here for a long time. Is there anything in your toolbox you can pull out today? 

Sitting with you today,

TuxedoCat

Happy Monday wonderful carers forum👋

I saw @Leeanne @Faith-and-Hope @Shaz51 @Mumsy21 @ThatRedHeadChik post in the last few days and though't I'd check in and see if we can celebrate and support each other today ❤️  

1. How are you feeling? You can use a scale of 1-10 (1= really bad , 10= really good), if you would like to.
  2. What is one thing you have struggled with, and one thing you have done well?
  3. What is one nice thing you can do for yourself today?

Hello @TuxedoCat , thank you for the tag xx

Well I feel I am a 5 at the moment-- thinking too much I am thinking about everything-- soo much going on but with no solutions in the near future 

We have cleaned 2 hours ( 5 hours all up )

Sitting down on the couch with TV on , chatting on the forum with a glass of wine 

@TuxedoCat 

Scale is 4 . I crochet to keep myself busy.its hard not to think about things when I'm depressed.some time I have a cry, i struggle to motive myself

Thanks for the reply. In answer to your questions:

1. Feeling around a 5

2. I struggled with my daughter not eating and her levels going very low and getting her to eat something to stop her having a hypo!

One thing I did was to go for a drive and sit by the river for a while and had a cuppa with a friend.

3. One thing I've done for myself... I booked myself in for a facial this week. I also made an appointment to see my psychologist.

Thanks again for the support 

@Leeanne I'm sorry so to hear that you've been feeling depressed lately. Thank you for sharing with us today ❤️ Do you have much support you can use at the moment? Or anything you've done before which has helped?  

Crochet is a wonderful way to keep yourself busy! I often knit to keep me distracted, I find connecting with others on my hobbies can help make the day a little bit better, have you seen the Craft Corner thread over on the lived experience forum? 

So nice to have you with us today,

TuxedoCat

@TuxedoCat 

No I haven't seen craft corner.i don't have any support I'm many doing it all on my own I do find it so hard I hate feeling depressed, anxious and lonely 

ohh @Leeanne sounds like it's been really tough. Have you ever called the SANE drop-in line? I wonder if it would be helpful to talk to someone 1-on-1 about what you're feeling? You can call them on 1800 187 263

Or maybe you can look over at the Carers Coping Toolbox ( what is in yours to help you cope ) to see if there's anything in there which might be useful for you now?

Sending the biggest of virtual hugs,

TuxedoCat

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance