Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Daily Check In Space

Hi @Leeanne and welcome to the forums 👋  Being a member of the forums has helped me to cope with loneliness.  I have had a very turbulent time of it in recent years, and ex-husband intended that I would be alone ….. once you connect with others who understand, you realise you’re not alone.  You have empathy and a listening ear here, and you can find others who have struggled with similar issues.

Thanks @TuxedoCat 

5 here for me today.  Dealing with some big issues at the moment.

Achieving my assignments tho ✔️

@Faith-and-Hope 

It's not nice to be lonely but one good thinking about being on my own is I can come and go as I please 

That’s definitely one good point @Leeanne.

Ex became increasingly manipulative and controlling.  I don’t miss him at all and value my day to day freedom.  Still trying to get him out of other areas of my life where he doesn’t belong …. grrrrr ….. but loving my independence as much as I have.

Do you have hobbies ?

Could you join a group ?

Maybe try something new ?

I went back to studies, at TAFE initially.

@Faith-and-Hope 

I would love to volunteer in the location vets cleaning the cages or something

@TuxedoCat 

"Is there anything in your toolbox you can pull out today? "

Just counting my blessings and taking time to rest. 

Feeling lonely in a house full of people is my biggest challenge.

We recently had a glimmer of togetherness and I was able to remove some 'walls of emotional protection' so when things slipped again it is taxing 😞  

To be fair however, we each (in our household) have our own uphill challenges so it is a case of survival rather than intentional inconsideration. 
I just happen to be the glue that holds it all together. Its a bit like the glue you get from Silly Solly's at the moment is the problem lol. 

We have much to be thankful for though as a family so counting the blessings. 

*Edit
This is not intended as a woe is me unload 😞  Just processing thoughts and emotions.

Well aware that others are experiencing similar emotions along differing journeys. 

And again,  We have much to be thankful for though as a family so counting the blessings. 

Sounds like a good idea @Leeanne 👍 

❤️ @Determined …. hearing you 

Lonely

I feel so lonely ,the one person I want to talk too, gets very nasty when he drinks I don't understand especially when I try being nice to him 😢😢😢

Determined
Senior Contributor

Re: Lonely

@Leeanne I can relate to that 😕 although thankfully we don't have drink in the mix. 

Feeling about a 5 tonight.

Up from. 2 and sinking. Arrived home from work late. Not intentional, just got on a roll with a task and lost track of time.

Well things are more calm and even tonight. We have been on the brink of a crisis for a couple of weeks with escalating emotions cumulating with threats of permanent self harm over the weekend 🥺

Thankfully I have had some encouraging support around me. Still fearful that this may only be the eye of the storm but working hard at remaining positive and encouraging the wins. Count our blessings day by day. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance