Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Trish3
Contributor

Craft

Taking time out to do something creative helps me relax. I started painting kindness rocks a few years ago when I could scarcely draw a stick man. It's become my go too evening chill out.  I don't post them on rock group fb but I give them to a clinic be given to sick kids. I do try to paint a good variety.  

20211224_065948.jpg

20210930_112801.jpg

20210514_082203.jpg

11 REPLIES 11
tyme
Community Lead

Re: Craft

Wow! I've done this with kids @Trish3 , but I never considered how intricate they can be - and helpful, even for adults!

What paint do you use?

Historylover
Senior Contributor

How very creative you are, @Trish3. They are gorgeous!

Hi @ Tyme I use acrylic brush application paints as well as acrylic paint pens such as posca pens. Yes, great for adults! Before covid I assisted in groups from school aged children to aged care residence. It's very rewarding & surprising how many people are delighted at finding a kindness rock that has been randomly hidden. I write on the back: keep or hide you decide. I also seal my finished rocks with marine varish but you can use clear acrylic spray can paint to seal them. 

Thank you

Your kindness rocks are amazing, and so beautifully painted, @Trish3 !! Really gorgeous!!

Thank you, you are very kind @ NatureLover
Bow
Senior Contributor

Your rocks are amazing @Trish3 !

Thank you @Bow you are very kind. I've left my run too late to become an artist but it's good to pretend being one. 🤣 I expect the little ones that receive my rocks don't critique them too closely.  

hanami
Senior Contributor

Hi @Trish3 

I love this so much! I'm actually in a local rock painting group and they paint the rocks and leave them all around the lake and beach nearby my house. The kids absolutely love it and the group members get so much joy when they see photos of their found rock in the FB group. 

Creativity can definitely keep our minds from going down the negative road. 

Hanami❤️

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance