Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Former-Member
Not applicable

Advice needed ASAP

I've been admitted to hospital for depression PTSD anxiety- basically a nervous breakdown with the likelihood of being sent to a mental health ward...the exact one my partner is already in for his schizophrenia.

He directly ask for me to stay away because my conditions dustress his. I didn't choose this and he ment visiting but I'm terrified everyone will think I did it to be closer to him despite my numerous attempts to say keep this knowledge from him. Their only alternative is to exhile me to the south again what do I do? I'm so worried and scared and hurt and so mixed up and alone. What do I do? How do I get through this? 

Advice needed asap please.

10 REPLIES 10

Re: Advice needed ASAP

Hi @Former-Member 

I'm sorry to hear you've been admitted to hospital and of the dilemma of being in the same one as your partner. I see you posted this yesterday and wondered how it's going and if anything has happened. Are you on the same ward as him?

When you say they will have to 'exile you to the south' can you explain what you mean? 

I'll look out for your reply

Hanami

Former-Member
Not applicable

@hanami 

Exiled to the south means set to another city at the end of the country like they did when the shelter exiled me. 

Although this time they did nothing. I was abused by the hospital staff and tossed out without help at all. 

I guess that's better but I'm furious they hurt me. 

I'm going on a 30day society ban soon to hopefully heal myself where this world won't help. Including this forum.

It's where I stay hope and turn off phone ect. Be on my own so I don't have to handle further insults and hardship at the same time as all else I've got on my plate. 

Hi @Former-Member 

I'm sorry to hear that you felt you were treated poorly at the hospital. You can make a complaint to them via feedback emails. Someone from upper management will reply to you.

It's good that you know what you have to do to heal yourself. Staying away from society for a short time can be therapeutic for many people. 

Do you have other supports in place like a psychologist, GP etc?  

take care

Hanami

Hi @Former-Member,

I'm sorry to read what you have been going through recently. It seems like you have been going through a lot. Do you have someone that can be with you at the moment? It sounds like you could do with someone to talk to that will just sit and listen to you without judgement.

I'm going to send an email to you to check in. Please respond when you can.

Warm wishes,

FloatingFeather 

Former-Member
Not applicable

@hanami 

No like I've said before to many, I don't have support. That's why I have to turn my house into my own personal mental hospital. I refuse to let the actions of others or the terrible health system ruin my future the way they have my past. They did this to me and now no one will help, they think I'll just curl up in my conditions and waste away. 

It's in my name. I have a reason to live. I'm not letting anyone steal that from me or him. From us. 

Originally my name stood for us, for him, but now I really need to include me in the battle plan. Separately. 

I'm fighting to get better and society is not going to hold me back with their mistreatment. 

In my country all our health records are linked and there is huge discrepancies in mine so I suffer mistreatment or errors effectively no help on all fronts. I've requested my records and posted another complaint but they just do not care. It's a waste if time.

Thank you for replying. I understand and am glad you have the fight in you to keep carrying on as your name suggests 'fightingforlove'. You have many good and admirable qualities. I hope to keep seeing you around here.

Warmest wishes

Hanami

Hello @Former-Member we haven't met before. I'm usually on the Lived Experience side of the forums.

I've been deeply touched by your story over the last little while and I wanted to say how brave and loyal you've been in supporting your partner. But I hear you that you need help and support for your own MH. Please don't give up on the forums. There are lots of wonderful people here. Some of us know what it's like to be facing life without supports and grappling with the health system.

Hopefully some of the Community Guides can help connect you into some threads better than I can. Tagging @Shaz51 @Judi9877 @wellwellwellnez and also @Historylover @Eden1919 

Please stay strong @Former-Member and maybe try exploring the Lived Experience side of the forums because as well as looking out for your partner you have to look after yourself.

Best wishes

Dimity

Former-Member
Not applicable

@Dimity 

Yeah I do.

I tried to scratch my skin off my arms and couldn't stop. 

I need help but I am not getting it.

I ain't waiting for those who should to put me through that again. I was actually doing better on my own until they budged in (literally) and claimed help ignoring my saying how it will likely end up and how it later in fact did. They pushed me into further distress and insult when I was in the middle of an episode driving me to then discover this new facit of my conditions that I don't understand or know the name of but I like my arms and my skin, this cannot just sit back and wait for them to do nothing. That is risking my life, my health, my body and my future. Going to my partner covered in brutal scars is going to hurt him I cannot continue their silly games they are just messing with my life and by extension his. That is NOT acceptable.

So thanks I will check out what you suggested. 

Anyone know what such a compulsion is called and please don't advise I see a doctor, in my city that is leathal. 

Oh @Former-Member that's hard for you. I don't know a particular name for it apart from self harm. I hope you can sooth it and treat it somehow and try to distract yourself from making it worse. Are there ways you can nurture yourself like music or a soak in the bath or cooking a nice meal? My cat is headbutting me at the moment for cuddles, he's good company. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance