Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum News and Updates

NikNik
Senior Contributor

@mention - new forum feature

Hi everyone,

We have a new feature that I think you would all find helpful!

It's called the @mention feature. 

What is it?

It's a way to notify a specific member. Let's say for example, you are reading a member's post and you think "Oh I think I remember NikNik had experienced a similar situation, maybe she will have some good advice for this person" OR you're writing a new post that you think would be particularly relevant to a specific member, you can get their attention (they will get an email notification).

How do I use it?

It's similar functionality to twitter and facebook when you mention/tag someone. All you need to do is type the "@" symbol, followed by the first 3 letters of the member's username & a bunch of suggested member's usernames will come up, with their profile pictures. You just click on the one you're looking for. Test it here if you would like to 🙂

So I'm going to get the attention of @Harry @Brodie @Used2Be @PeppiPatty @CherryBomb so they can test it out 🙂

Let me know how it goes!

Nik

6 REPLIES 6

Re: @mention - new forum feature

@nik, did you get this post? I am wondering if @CherryBomb or @Hobbit might consider reorganising all of the mention ns of BPD and borderline and link them to one common thread..likewise re bipolar etc.

Some really good posts may be getting lots St due RO having to read back through old posts.

Thanks for considering..

Hi @Alessandra1992 I didnt get it.

I think because you didn't use my full username. Once you type the first 3 letters & you see the member's name drop down, you have to press it.... does that make sense?

This doesn't work on my iPad or phone? Is it a browser issue? I tend to prefer a Chrome. What is the platform you are using @cherry bomb.
No drop down menu appears at all @nik nope still nothing..

Hmm I haven't tried this on the phone or ipad. I have been using a laptop.

I will let tech support know it's not working on mobile or ipad.

Have you tried it on desk top/laptop - no worries if not, I was curious to know if you had issues using it elsewhere or just mobile & ipad.

Thanks for the heads up

Hi NikNik,
I don't have laptop or PC..so just iPad or phone. No drop down..

No worries.

Thanks for letting us know. I will log it with technical support.

Thanks!

Nik

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance