Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum News and Updates

CherryBomb
Senior Contributor

Upcoming events: We want YOUR feedback

Hello y'all,

I am so excited to annonce that we will be starting Topic Tuesdays.

This an event where we can come together online at the same time to discuss a certain topic once a month. On these nights, we will either have a guest speaker, or we will have a group discussion amongst ourselves about a topical issue that has been nominated by community members.  

So what does this mean?

- On Friday, you will notice a poll appear with selections for different guest speakers. Please vote for one so we can organise guest speakers for you. If you have an idea for one that is not on the list, please let us know so we can include it in future polls by adding your idea to this thread.

- For a group discussion about topical issues (that is without a guest speaker), please also include your ideas below in this discussion thread. Some of you may be thinking what's the difference between this and a normal everyday threads? The main difference is that this is an opportunity to organise a time where we arrange a time to meet online at the same time to discuss an issue. 

We've had Topic Tuesdays with guest speakers run in the Carers Forum, so if you want to see how it works and what it looks like, check it out here

I look forward to hearing your suggestions. Smiley Very Happy

26 REPLIES 26

Re: Upcoming events: We want YOUR feedback

Any chance of calling the shade of Robin Williams back via seance? He and a lot of comics seem to have ties with MI.

Seriously tho, any therapist with good practitioner skills would be good.

Hi CB,

I'm torn in my vote between the mindfulness psychologist and the mental health lawyer, can we have both (on different Tuesdays) if the others like these ideas too?

(BTW CB is also the nickname of a local King Parrot - my girls like to feed him, but his is short for Cheeky boy).

Cheers,

Kristin

Is TT tonight 19 Aug? Where?

Hi BatGuano - not one tonight sorry. We trialled them in the Carers Forum, and have had a break since while we get Lived Experience forum up & running.

We will have one in the carers forums next Tuesday though.

Hi Nik,

Can you please give us an indication of when you are thinking of TT for the LE forum that is polling now? Like BatGuamo I am rather keen on the idea, and want to put it in my diary so I am free as is possible that night/time.

Cheers,

Kristin

Sure - we are aiming for 9th Sept and will be monthly. Sorry - I've been a bit tentative on sharing that date because we want to ensure we can get the specail guest. But there 🙂 I said it 🙂 9th of Sept

Hi Nik,

Just FYI, you might like to correct the date for the next TT in the Carer's Forum..........

http://saneforums.org/t5/About-Carers-Forum-feedback-and/Your-feedback-wanted-What-do-you-want-to-ta...

Regards, Jake

Hi Nik,

Thanks but Tuesday is the Sep 9th??

It will be in the diary, but I'm sure we will understand if it needs to change due to availability.

Cheers, K

Thanks Nik, no wuckas.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance