Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum News and Updates

Jake
Senior Contributor

Topics

Hi NikNik,

Is it just me, am I doing something wrong? I keep getting emails saying re:Work (which I thought was a Topic heading) but can't seem to find the topic heading 'Work' anywhere when doing a search? 

Thanks

Regards, Jake

20 REPLIES 20
NikNik
Senior Contributor

Re: Topics

Bugger - that's annoying! Smiley Frustrated

Is there a link in the email to follow?

I will keep investigating *writes it on her to-do list*

Nik

NikNik
Senior Contributor

Hi again Jake.

I have logged this for our tech team to look at as it seems that the search function doesn't "find" any of the discussion names I input.

I discovered with the re:work one in particular, what made this even trickier to find was that the name of the discussion changed 1/2 way through the thread.

The original discussion was called "lived experience" http://saneforums.org/t5/Our-experience-stories/lived-experience/td-p/1405/highlight/true

It seems when someone replied they edited the "subject line" to "work"

Regardless, it's problematic that the search function hasn't picked up and discussion topic names. We are looking to sort it out asap.
Jake
Senior Contributor

Hi NikNik,

Thanks for your prompt reply - yes it is annoying, I have half a dozen (what's that in metric? Lol!) emails saying re:work in my inbox, but I can't find the topic called 'work' anywhere on the website (I've even searched the Carer's Forum).

Now there's a challenge for you - try to find the topic 'work'!

Yes there is a link, it just takes me to the 'Our experience & stories' discussion topic.

Regards, Jake

Hi Jake,

This sounds like a mighty confusing problem.

I will make sure to follow it up NikNik and our IT team, and they will touch base with you in the next day or two about it.

Thanks,

CherryBomb

NikNik
Senior Contributor

Hi Jake - Search function should be fixed. It should only search the forum you're in & will bring up all results including thread names etc

Nik
Jake
Senior Contributor

Hi Nik,

Yes thanks, I noticed it was fixed now, good job I.T team!

Regards, Jake

Jake
Senior Contributor

Hi Admin,

Sorry if you already know this - the subject line can still be edited when doing a reply - couldn't this lead to confusion if someone is doing a search? 

Regards, Jake

NikNik
Senior Contributor

Hi Jake,
I must admit I thought this one was a weird one, I haven't really seen forums.
Either way, the search feature should pick up the name of the post, wherever it is... I will look into it anyways
Nik
Jake
Senior Contributor

Hi Nik,

Just for an experiment, can I have your permission please to edit the subject line from 'Topics' to say 'Lost Posts' and then we can see if we can find the post again? (I can edit it back later).

I'm actually having trouble finding words or phrases that I remember posters have used, but I'm not going to look through every post until I find it (I don't even know what 'section' it was posted in or who posted it?)

It's becoming very frustrating, as I wanted to find a link someone posted..........

Thanks

Regards, Jake

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance